The Town of Forest is nestled in the winding river region of southwestern Wisconsin known as the Driftless. It is bordered by the townships of Hillsboro, Union, and Whitestown and rests in Vernon County. There are thirty-six square miles of land in Forest with more than half in farmland. In Forest’s northwest corner, you will find a portion of the beautiful Wildcat Mountain State Park. At the 2000 census, our population was 583. The unincorporated communities of Dilly, Mount Tabor, and Valley are located here.
We enjoy some of the most scenic countryside in our region. Enjoy the slideshow, below, of our changing seasons and wildlife friends.
- 2021 Fall Clean-Up Days are Scheduled for Friday, October 1st and Saturday, October 2nd from 8 am to 5pm. See Recycling and Disposal rates on the Recycle Center Page.
- See The Town of Forest 2021 Budget here
- The next board meeting will be held on Monday, October 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm at the Town Hall.
- The 2021 Annual Meeting will be held on Monday, April 25, 2022 at 6:00 pm at the Town Hall.
- Recycle Center Hours
- Saturdays 8am – 1pm
- Wednesday Evenings from 5pm – 7pm
- If you are interested in a new Fire Number Sign – Sign Up at the Recycle Center, Mt. Tabor Mill or by Emailing Heidi Obert. Sign up by September 1, 2021.