The Town of Forest is nestled in the winding river region of southwestern Wisconsin known as the Driftless. It is bordered by the townships of Hillsboro, Union, and Whitestown and rests in Vernon County. There are thirty-six square miles of land in Forest with more than half in farmland. In Forest’s northwest corner, you will find a portion of the beautiful Wildcat Mountain State Park. At the 2000 census, our population was 583. The unincorporated communities of Dilly, Mount Tabor, and Valley are located here.
We enjoy some of the most scenic countryside in our region. Enjoy the slideshow, below, of our changing seasons and wildlife friends.
- See The Town of Forest 2020 Budget here
- The next board meeting will be held on Monday, March 9, 2020 at 9:30 am at the Town Shop.
- Annual Meeting to be held on Monday, April 27, 2020 at 10:00 am at the Town Shop
- The Community Conversation Committee will meet again on March 14, 2020 at 7:00pm
- If you are interested in becoming a poll worker, please contact Heidi Obert – Clerk, for training sessions
- Notice of Foreclosure Sale – Monday, March 9, 2020 at 9:00 am
08/11/2020 – 2020 Partisan Primary
11/03/2020 – General and Presidential Election